Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Mountainbiking on Saturday March 26

During the weekend of camping I decided to go mountainbiking alone on Saturday.
From the moment I started, I knew it was going to be difficult because of the heavy rains of the last months.
Not only were some paths heavilly washed out but the thorny bushes called 'Hubada' made it almost impossible to ride for long periods.
At one point it was impossible to continue because of the Hubada so I had to make the decision to turn back....as soon as a started back I knew I was in trouble because I could not recognize the paths because of heavy bush growth. I came to a clearing were there were 5 possible ways to get back on track, I was basically lost at that point....and did not know how to get out. I spent about 20 minutes trying out the possible paths and after no success decided just to go south through the bushes and find my way back to the path. That was pretty scary...walking back without knowing exactly were you were going. Luckily I found the path back and was able to ride it back

No comments: